Monday, September 28, 2009

Fried Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich?


What for breakfast?
Fried rice? I think I will have fried rice for lunch today.
French toast? Naaah ...I am not thinking about bread this morning.
Eeeemm... I have some more banana left. Lets see what I can do about it.
My darling hubby told me one time that the legendary singer, Elvis Presley, favourite snack is Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich. He left me a big jar of peanut butter. May be I can have Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich ( my own version-lah ) : )for my breakfast today. He would be very proud of me because I am going to eat up all the food he left behind and may be I don't have to spend a penny for the next few weeks. But I am not very sure about that. Anyway ... since my Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich is still in the making, let me share with you a Southern recipes which I found in the The East Texas Farm & Ranch News. I hope I am not going to get into trouble with this, if they found out I publish this recipe in my some kind of 'foodblog' I hope I am getting any paper from their lawyer or something like that. Well, I am going to try this recipe sometimes this week but first let me write the recipe and you might be interested to try it out.

Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.

1 Ripe Banana
2 slices white bread
3 to 4 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
Bacon grease or butter

Mash banana in a small bowl, (a wooden spoon works good on this).
Lightly toast bread then spread peanut butter on one piece of bread;
spread mashed banana on the other slice then place bread slices together.
Fry the sandwich in a small amount of bacon grease or melted butter, make sure you turn the sandwich to get both side golden brown.

(this recipe taken from the The East Texas Farm & Ranch News, Week of August 3, 2009 on Country Cooking section )

Picnic lunch anyone : ) ?

1 comment:

  1. Jessisca, you have both a good blogging voice and an unique topic which you are passionate about. Sure win combination. Wish you a blessed blogging experience.

    ReplyDelete